Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Skip this one if you are easily offended by juvenile humor...

Let me preface this post by saying that although we have a boy, we haven't exactly started discussing the anatomically correct names for "girl parts" or "boy parts." We have kind of skirted our way around it mostly because I don't want him going to school and sharing all his new words with his preschool pals.

With that being said....

Last night I was giving Jackson his bath and because I wanted to read for a few minutes, I hopped into the tub with him. He was happily playing on one end of our garden tub and I was reading. After a few minutes, I notice that he dropped a toy outside the tub and he was standing up trying to reach his toy which was on the floor. Needless to say, and before I could catch him, his slippery little body slid right over the edge of the tub and his hands were on the floor holding him up, and his feet were up in the air. I quickly dragged him back into the tub and he immediately stands up and starts doing this panicky dance while hollering, "My Balls....My Balls....My Balls."

My first thoughts....in a matter of mere seconds...
Where the heck did he hear that word?
Did he squish his little manhood?
Oh please, tell me he didn't learn that from preschool...

Wanna know what he was referring too?


Remember that toy I told you he dropped? It turns out that he had about 4 practice air flow golf balls as tub toys. He dropped his balls.

Now we can get our minds out of the gutter and return to our regularly scheduled programming. Sorry for the interruption.

7 random thoughts:

Rachel said...

That truly made me laugh out loud!!! :) Great story!! We refer to things simply as "parts" around here. . . we'll see how long that lasts! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you. I'll buy your book. You have a gift for writing!!!

Jenny said...

Hilarious story!! Jackson is such a cutie!

Staci said...

Oh that is too funny!

Kellyn said...

you both crack me up! gosh, amy, get your mind out of the gutter for a few minutes each day!

Amanda said...

Too funny! I have done the same thing "where have they heard that word!?!" when in fact they were talking about something else. LOL

Also, thanks for entering my giveaway last week at Beautiful Blog Designs.

Candy Jones said...

Too funny. I was at work when I read this and had to tell everyone the story. I agree with your mom. I would buy your book as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...