Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'll Take Bubble Wrap for $400, Alex!

Remember when Jeremy broke his elbow back in August? And do you remember what happened when Jeremy got cleared from his orthopedic for his broken elbow? He ended up dislocating his knee the.very.next.day.

So Jeremy got cleared from the orthopedic on Monday from his dislocated knee. I told Jeremy that I needed to wrap him in bubble wrap on Tuesday so that we don’t end up repeating the cycle.

He didn’t see the humor.

So we made it past Tuesday with no incidents. It seemed like Jeremy had broken the curse, but his safety record was almost broken last night. Literally.

Mom and Dad recently got a new TV for their living room. They offered us their old TV because it’s a lot bigger than the one we have. So we gladly took them up on their offer and last night after church Jeremy and Dad worked on moving the TV to our house. I had hand bell practice at church so it was just Jeremy, Jackson and Dad at our house.

Dad and Jeremy got the TV into our entertainment center and were in the middle of hooking up our cable and what not when Jeremy had to run into the kitchen to get something.

Apparently while Jeremy and Dad had been busy in the living room, Jackson was busy himself. Jeremy had accidentally left open the cabinet below our kitchen sink, the one with all the cleaning supplies in it. So while Dad and Jeremy were working, Jackson had decided to take it upon himself to hose our linoleum kitchen floor down with Orange Clean Degreaser.

Does anyone see where this is going?

When Jeremy walked into the kitchen he stepped right onto the “degreased” part of the floor and fell hard, not once, not twice, but THREE times! Luckily, he he didn't break anything, other than his pride, but seeing as how our luck has been, it wouldn’t have shocked me at all if he had ended up in traction. Dad left shortly after that and when I got home I walked into the door just in time to see Jackson bust his tail. Apparently degreaser on the bottom of tennis shoes doesn’t bode well for anyone, especially in Wade’s World. Luckily, Jackson was also fine. I'm hoping that Jackson hasn't inherited all this falling down business his Daddy is so good at!

And if you'll excuse me, I’m going to check out prices on rolls of bubble wrap, just to cover all our bases. And our booties.

5 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Kinda reminds me of some old 'bathroom tissue' commercial where they stuffed it in the little kid's pants to roller skate (or something like that). In his case, maybe he should just work from the couch. It's safer there! LOL

Nana said...

Sounds like a Christmas present to me.

Lianne said...

He could probably use a helmet, while you're at it. Wow. I can see why you don't let him rollerskate.

Kellyn said...

I'm sorry to say that I literally laughed out loud just from seeing the name of the cleaning product!! By the way, do I need to call DHR for letting your child play with cleaning supplies unsupervised!?! You guys are an adventure all your own!

KBeau said...

Glad nothing was broken. Hope nobody drank the degreaser.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...