Wednesday, January 08, 2014

It's All Coming Back To Me Now....

Last night Jeremy and Anderson were tossing a white nerf ball around the living room, and I was on the couch unsuccessfully trying to complete a level of Candy Crush. I was kind of in my own world as Jeremy and Anderson passed the ball back and forth. Anderson missed a catch that Jeremy had tossed him and went over to pick the ball up. Still engrossed in my game, matching candies like a boss when all of a sudden – WHACK….Anderson threw a regulation baseball and hit me right on right on my forehead. Apparently, the nerf ball that Jeremy and Anderson had been tossing around fell on the ground right next to real baseball, and A picked up the baseball instead of his nerf ball.

Y’all, I’m not going to lie. It hurt, and instantly tears were pouring out of my eyes. Anderson ran into the kitchen to hide, and I was sitting on the couch trying to maintain consciousness.

A few thoughts popped into my mind during those precious seconds…

1.      Man, that hurt, and that was only thrown by a 2 year old . I cannot fathom what it felt like when Jackson got nailed in the head by baseballs thrown during his ball games this past spring. He was MUCH tougher about it than I was.
2.      You really do see stars when you are hit like that…
3.      THAT is why I never played softball. When I was in PE in 8th grade, our coach made us rotate sports around during PE time, and during our softball rotation, I was nailed in the head by a softball, and I swore to myself  that I would NEVER play again, and I didn’t. I much prefer “sports” like swimming, dancing and band, where projectile objects weren’t flying at warp speed towards my head.

So yeah, I played up my head injury and potential concussion last night and crawled into bed by 8:00. Whoever said motherhood isn’t for sissies wasn’t lying. I have the bump on my head to prove it….

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Ow! I thought you were going to say..it's all coming back to me now, I thought I was going to play with my phone less this year. LOL I hope you feel better and don't end up with a headache for a day or so. I'm with you...not a fan of sports that might get my hurt. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...