Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday

Today is a favorite edition of Works for me Wednesday over at Shannon's in which I am supposed to share one of my favorite previous editions of WFMW, so I am going to once again share two of my favorite crockpot recipes. I hope you enjoy!

Crockpot Beans
Add to Crockpot:
1 can Lima beans drained
1 can Pinto beans drained
1 can Pork-n-Beans
1 can Kidney beans drained
1 1/2 lbs of ground beef drained
1 lb bacon (I use the quick kind you put in the microwave, about 10-12 slices) crumbled
1 small chopped onion
1 chopped Bell pepper (optional)

In a separate bowl mix:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 BBQ sauce (The BBQ sauce can really change the taste. If you like spicy, use spicy. I use honey bbq)
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce

Add the sauce mix to the crockpot and stir well. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve over white rice. Delicious!

Chicken Taco Soup
1 chopped onion
1 16 oz can chili beans
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz corn, drained (I also added 1 small can of shoe peg corn)
1 8 oz tomato sauce
1 can chicken broth
2 cans Rotel, un-drained (Use the mild Rotel if you're not a hot-spicy fan)
1 pkg taco seasoning
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat

Place ingredients 1-7 in a slow cooker. Stir in taco seasoning. Lay chicken breasts on top until just covered by other ingredients. Cook on low for 5 hours. Take out chicken breasts and shred and then stir back into soup. Cook 2 more hours. Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and crushed tortilla chips. (I cooked the chicken a little longer than 5 hours to begin with, and the chicken was literally falling apart. I then added it back and cooked for about an hour longer).This is so easy and I can’t wait to have it again. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you come back soon. Have a great day!

4 random thoughts:

Miche said...

Hey! I'm glad the sippy cup tip helps you out! I absolutely love them! Just as a note, if you put them in the wash with the heated dry, after awhile the picture will start to come off-I have not had this problem, as I don't have a heated dry on my dishwasher, but other people have told me that has happened to them. Thanks for the crock pot recipes! Those look awesome; I'm excited to try them out!

Sarah said...

I found via Works for me Wednesday. I have been searching for crockpot recipes lately. With two kids in soccer, we spend 3 nights a week at the soccer fields - so coming home to a ready dinner sounds great.

Funny thing is that I grew up with a Jeramy and Amy Wade (brother and sister)- they are from Tampa. Then I clicked on your link to your SIL's page and from what I can figure out, she just moved to Auburn, Alabama (?) - which is where me and my family live. Small world!

Anyway - thanks for sharing the recipes!

Southern Fried Mom said...

This soup is just....perfect!!!! I've e-mailed it & highly recommended it several times. It's also made the cut for volume 2 of my family cookbook....I'll be sure to give you props!

HDMac said...

Great recipes. Thank you for sharing! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...