Friday, September 12, 2008

"It's Heby!"

Jeremy and I were getting ready for work the other day when we hear Jackson talking to us from the kitchen. He was saying, "It's heby! It's heby!" "Heby" is Jacksonese for "heavy." Immediately Jeremy and I looked at each other and said, "What's heavy?" Jeremy rushed out of the bathroom only to find Jackson walking through our bedroom with a 3/4 full gallon sized container of lemonade. He had managed to get the heavy pitcher of lemonade out of the refrigerator and made it all the way to our carpeted bedroom when Jeremy found him, and then, of course you know you can't rush towards a toddler, because then he will do 1 of 2 things either:

1. Run away from you OR
2. Drop whatever they are holding

We obviously didn't want him to do either, so Jeremy very casually walked over to him and took the "heby" pitcher out of his hand. Sheesh. It looks like LemonadeGate 2008 was avoided, unlike Kool-aidGate 2007 for which I am eternally grateful. I can't even begin to imagine getting 3/4 of a gallon of lemonade out of my carpet. I don't even want to think about it. Needless to say, we now have a refrigerator lock in place. I can't help but wonder what I am going to have to childproof next! There's no telling....

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...