Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Obviously Jack and I Have Issues

Jeremy loves 24. I can't handle it. I tried watching it for a few seasons, and then by the time I was pregnant with Jackson I decided that it was too stressful to watch and I gave it up.

I've never looked back.

I had also gotten tired of the never ending doomsday predictions of nuclear war, chemical warfare, bombs, blah, blah, blah. If something could go wrong in Jack's life, you could bet good money that it would. Seriously, no one has that bad of a day at work and doesn't decide to change jobs. And, the guy never eats, sleeps, or takes a shower. That gets on my nerves.

Anyways, Jeremy on the other hand is a 24 junkie. He can't get enough of the drama and just loves the show. I had a meeting at church last night and after I got home and was getting ready for bed, Jeremy said, "You'll never guess what happened on 24 tonight."

Big mistake on Jeremy's part...

Thinking that he actually wanted me to start guessing, in rapid fire succession I started throwing out all the possibilities that could occur in 24-land:

You found out Jack is gay.
You found out that Jack is in fact a bad guy.
You found out that Jack is Tony's dad.
You found out that Tony is Jack Bauer in disguise.
You found out that Jack is actually a woman.

Jeremy's only comment to my 24 related scenarios: "Obviously you don't respect 24."

I guess I had better start respecting Jack. He's really good at those torture methods, and I sure don't want to be on his short list. And let's face it, if nuclear disaster or chemical warfare is imminent, we all want Jack Bauer on our side.

4 random thoughts:

Mom said...

For the love Amy ... our super human Jack has been exposed to a chemical. Where is your compassion? Our country is in trouble ... and surely you know that only Jack can save us ... even the President knows that!! Show a little love for the guy.

Miranda said...

What is it with men and becoming overly obsessed with TV shows or movies? Bryan has this thing with Fast and Furious...it's only been on TNT or FX for like, six thousand times the past two weeks. He turned it on the other day and I was like, "Seriously?! Can we not watch something else?"

And they make fun of us for becoming over-involved in soap opera garbage.

Rachel said...

AMEN.

I watched it for two seasons with Chris before I realized that the "beep, BEEP, beep, BEEP" in between commercial breaks literally made my heart start beating faster and my blood pressure to rise.

Now 24 is my time to sit on the couch with the computer and play, while still playing footsies with Chris (if he's not standing up in suspense or something) but without paying attention to the show at all.

And trying to block out the "beep, BEEP, beep, BEEP".

Rachel said...

LOL! I'd forgotten about this post. I love your potential answers to what happened...perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...