Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Happy Birthday, Jackson

Dear Jackson,

Happy 13th Birthday! I've gone back and forth in mind on what I want to say in your birthday letter this year and what came to mind most often was, "How in the world are you 13?"


How has it been 13 years since you were born? I feel like I've blinked and here we are....looking down the barrel of  high school. You just started 8th grade and are in all honors classes. You are a little nervous about Algebra I, but I know you are going to do great. At the worst, you have to be better at it than I was back in the day! :)

You still want to join the Air Force when you finish school, and currently want to go into Engineering. I have no doubts you will excel in whatever you end up doing. You are smart beyond belief, and I know you can accomplish your wildest dreams.

Jackson, keep on being you...be kind and courageous. Be witty and clever. Look out for those around you that don't have many friends, and make friends with them. Keep making good choices, even when the "good" choice isn't easy or fun. Always trust Jesus and guard your heart. No matter what, you and Anderson have to stick together because God gave you a brother for a reason. That means that you have to be best friends even when you don't get along!

Remember that there is absolutely nothing in the world you could do that would make us stop loving you. We will be here for you always, even when you think you might get in trouble! Always keep your focus on Jesus and let Him guide your path. You are gonna change the world, Jackson, and I'm so thankful I get to cheer you on! Happy Birthday, Jackson. I love you!

Love,
Mom

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...