Friday, August 14, 2020

Happy Birthday, Jackson!

 

 Dear Jackson,

    Have you ever heard the saying, "Babies don't keep"? That's what has happened with you. I swear I've blinked and here we are with you turning 14 years old! It just doesn't even seem possible! 

At 14 years old you are everything I dreamed having a teenage boy would be like. You are funny, mischievous, kind and caring. One of your favorite ways to entertain yourself is to scare the daylights out of us. We've gotten you back a few times! :) You are still enough of a kid that you don't mind hanging out with me, but mature enough that we can have deep heart-felt conversations. It's exactly the relationship I love.

As you begin high school and start to spread your wings I want you to remember a few things: 

  1. Keep Jesus first, and he will guide your path. 
  2. Family means everything.
  3. Make good choices. Everything in this world has a consequence, either good or bad. Make sure the consequence of your choices are rewards.
  4. Be kind. Look for the kid that sticks out and be their friend. Open the door for strangers. Smile at people. Always be a ray of sunshine in a gloomy world.
  5. Remember that you and your brother are always to do life together. Stay close to each other because God gave you each other for a reason. Even though you annoy each other, you must always love each other, if for no other reason than because I said so.
  6. Remember that the internet is forever. 
  7. Never date someone that you wouldn't introduce to us. 
  8. Stay on top of your grades. They really do matter. See number 3. 
  9. Be the kid that coaches want on their team by being coach-able and respectful. You won't always be the best player, but you can always be the best sport.
  10. Never forget that we've always got your back. Always. 


Jackson, you are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It's an honor to be your Mom, and I'm so glad that I get to do life with you. I can't wait to see where the Lord leads you! I'll love you always, to the moon and back!

Love,
Mom

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...